The Fund’s investment objective is to seek high current income and, secondarily, capital appreciation.
HIGH YIELD MARKET VETERANS
Strategic Income Management, LLC (SiM), the Fund’s sub-advisor, is an independent employee-owned firm, specializing in high yield bond and asset allocation strategies.
- Gary Pokrzywinski, CFA, Lead Portfolio Manager; managed the Principal High Yield Mutual Fund from its inception in April 1998 to May 2009; industry since 1987
- Brian Placzek, CFA, Director of Research — High Yield; industry since 1987
FOCUS ON INDUSTRIES
The Fund has a long-term focus, centered on multi-year secular themes. In selecting investments for the Fund, SiM combines different aspects of top-down and bottom-up analysis.
- SiM believes understanding industry dynamics is critical to their success.
- SiM uses a defined process to evaluate out-of-favor sectors and industries. Historically, they have found the better quality company in the out-of-favor sector offers the best risk/reward value.
- The Fund may hold non-traditional high yield investments and investments across the entire capital structure of a company.
Total Fund Assets
|Strategic Income Management, LLC||
FUND overview flyer*
fund manager spotlight*
Gary Pokrzywinski and Brian Placzek,
Strategic Income Management, LLC
*For investment professional use only. Login required.